Monday, August 9, 2010

E I E I O …

I have broken down and put my first CD of kid’s music in the car! A few weeks ago I had to sing a 30 minute version of Old MacDonald Had a Farm (complete with all family pets, mom, dad and a variety of vegetables) to keep Saylen from crying on the car ride home from Grandma’s house. I have decided that having someone else do the singing would be much more enjoyable for all parties involved.

In much more exciting news…

Months456

**Saylen has 4 teeth! He has had the bottom two for almost two months, and the top two just broke the surface about a week ago.

**Saylen is as close as you can be to crawling without actually being a crawler. He can go anywhere he wants, but hasn’t mastered the efficiency of a true crawler.

**I was in New York all last week for work. We had an amazing time – conference, shopping, lots of eating, and even had time to see Memphis on Broadway! However… I missed my little man (and husband) so much! It was hard to be away, and Saylen seemed to have grown a ton while I was gone. I give Spencer so much credit for holding down the fort – the house was even clean!

3 comments:

  1. Super Cute! Fun to see your blog!

    Stacy Handllin

    ReplyDelete
  2. you singing in the car to keep saylen from crying takes me back to those days. i remember sonny would start crying in the back on the way home and stuck in traffic and i had to do the same thing you did. now sonny has his own song requests and always seems to ask for lady gaga. haha. he goes "mom, gaga! gaga!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy - glad to see someone out there is reading!

    Tina - so good to hear from you!! And so good to hear that "my music" will return some day :) How is Cali? I hope you are all well - post some new pics of Sonny, I am sure he is growing so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete