Saturday, August 14, 2010

Calm Before the Storm…

Today is cooking day! We have managed to choose one of the hottest days of summer to fill our freezers with tons of dinners to enjoy when the freedom of summer is over. With Kaitlyn in Med School and my job being somewhat based around the school year, we are taking the day to stock up for the winter. Mom is joining us, but I am pretty sure it’s just an excuse to hang out with Saylen.

On top of cooking day, we have a family brunch to attend this morning. Twice a year, my mom’s side of the family gets together to make sure we don’t forget who everyone is … jk, jk … kinda. There are 3 sisters, with a total of 5 kids, and 5 grandkids, so it’s fun to get the group together. Today we are having a potluck early lunch at my aunts, and it will be Saylen’s first chance to really get to play with his cousins!

So the calm before the storm… you ask? Right now the house is silent! The dogs are outside sunbathing, Saylen is taking an EARLY nap ( he decided he needed to wake up at 6:15 today, so I could see why he might be tired), and Spencer is still sleeping after working late last night. I am sitting on the couch, doing absolutely nothing, and enjoying the peace. Here are some peaceful pictures of Saylen to remember this moment by :)

bailey DSCN4467 CIMG0101

2 comments:

  1. saylen's filling out and is a little man! so cute.

    looks like we'll be up in seattle the end of this month. perhaps we can meet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It already is making me sad how fast they grow up lol! Seeing that pic of little Saylen (I'm guessing from the hospital..) and then how big he is now...Wesley will be there in no time ;) Saylen is adorable adn I love seeing pics of him, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete