Friday, May 21, 2010

Settling In…

I haven’t been blogging nearly as much, and I think it is a result of life getting back to normal. When Saylen was first born, I had more time at home, and I was awake to blog at all sorts of hours.

I am so happy to say that our little boy totally has his night time routine down, and is sleeping all night almost all the time. Now I know you experienced moms out there are probably laughing to yourselves saying ‘she doesn’t know what’s coming’ – but I am totally happy with our current success! Saylen has been in his eat, bath, story, bed routine for 2 months!

This past week I have realized why we have multiple sets of sheets and mattress pads. We have had to change the sheets almost every morning with the presence of a stomach bug running through his system. We panicked when we found a little blood in his diaper last Thursday, and rushed to the after hours clinic, but it appears that all is fine. I talked to his doctor on Tuesday, and labs were good, and she is guessing it’s just how his body is reacting to the cold that is running through our family right now. Worst case, she thinks it may have been a reaction to the rice cereal we had started him on. We have stopped the ‘food’ for now (though we did let him have a little avocado), and we will try again when his system is back to normal.

We didn’t give him his first spoonful of food without some photos to remember it by…

DSCN4379DSCN4373DSCN4372

No comments:

Post a Comment