Thursday, April 14, 2011

Congratulations!

Congratulations are in order to my sister and her boyfriend Justin. About a month ago they got engaged, and I have yet to make it official on the blog! We spent a weekend with them and another couple at a beautiful home on north Whidbey Island. If you are in need of a stay-cation, check out the website at www.soaringeaglelodgewhidbey.com.

Justin popped the question by the fire on Saturday night. Here are some pics of the happy couple:

DSC01754

DSC01748

After the big event, we decided to head to the hot tub… each couple emerging from their room in a strikingly familiar outfit – completely not planned!!

DSC01765

The remainder of the weekend was spent playing games, consuming far too much food, and enjoying the amazing surroundings, including our very own back yard Bald Eagle’s nest.

DSC01817

DSC01823

DSC01711

DSC01728

DSC01802

DSC01781

DSC01812

I forgot to mention, the final activity of the weekend was our fantasy baseball draft. Spencer, Justin/Kaitlyn, and I each own our own team, so this was a big event. I made sure to bring my “keeper” shirts with me (if you don’t get what that means, don’t worry, just baseball talk). We were all happy pre-draft, but I can tell you today I am little sad that both Evan Longoria and Josh Hamilton are on the DL!!

DSC01855

I can’t wait to head back to this amazing spot! Hopefully we can make it an annual trip!

1 comment: